Wednesday 24 October 2018

# beetroot drink # drink

Bloody Beetroot Drink Recipe: Halloween Drink


beet root drink for halloween

 Born and raised in Jamaica, having beetroot drink was quite normal for me. As a matter of fact, I loved it as a kid growing up. However, when I came to Sweden I realized that beetroot drink wasn’t so common. It was common though to have pickled beetroot along with meals. I found it a bit odd that I’ve never thought that if I could drink it, perhaps I could eat it also! Haha 

Well well...

 So I was making beet root juice today for my boyfriend and I, and  thought of how the look and texture it reminds me of blood.. then guess what? It hit me that, oh! It’s Halloween season! Why not share the recipe with you guys who perhaps will be celebrating halloween? 

Therefore, I’m happy to share this recipe with you! 

(Serves two people) 

Ingredients:



  • 2 or 3 big beetroots 
  • Ginger
  • Water 
  • Carrot (optional) 
  • Brown sugar (optional)

What You Will Need:
  • Blender 
  • Strained/Seive 
  • Spoon 
  • Big pot or bowl
  • Juice container 

Do Like This:

1. Wash and peel beetroots.
2. If you’re using carrots, wash and scrape also.
3. Wash and strip ginger.
4. Place all ingredients into the blender.
5. Add 4/5 litres of water.


6. Blend all ingredients until smooth.
7. Place the strainer/seive over the bowl and pour in blended ingredients into the strainer/seive to strain.



8. Use back of the spoon to squeeze excess juice from the strainer/seive.
 
9. Add sugar for taste (optional).
 
10. Pour juice into a juice container for easy storage and place into the refrigerator.

 I hope you will enjoy this drink! It’s always good to try something new and the fact that beetroot has so many health benefits it wouldn't hurt to have this drink every now and then and not just when it’s Halloween.

beet root drink



Happy Halloween! 



1 comment: