Tuesday 19 June 2018

# Communication # Couples

The Truth About Communication In a Long Distance Relationships



Truth about communication

One of the very first post I’ve written was about Long Distance Relationship and 7 Ways How I Handle It. In that post I mentioned ”communication” as the first pointer as to how I keep my relationship alive while being on a distance from my boyfriend and how much we both value it. A friend of mine messaged me roughly a week ago with a link to a video where a guy speaks about challenges that can come during a long distance relationship and ways that one could overcome these challenges. It was really warm she thought of me when she saw the video but coincidentally, my post about Long Distance Relationship and 7 Ways HowI Handle It basically have already listed all that was mentioned in the guy’s video. I think once you’re in a long distance relationship that actually funtions you’d already have the basic knowledge of what makes it work and what could make others’ work.


But back to communication! 
The video did give me some new insights though as I now feel it necessary to expound a bit on the truth about communication itself in a long distance relationship, more specifically, my relationship (LDR). 


Let me start by saying that communication can be a challenge but doesnt need to be once you are doing it right. 


Communication on a distance is never the easiest but there are definitely pros to it e.g., you learn about your partner in a different way than you would if you both were in the same room, it can be funny when you find it relatively easier to say things over the phone that you would never say in person etc. 



Communication can be challenging!- Speaking now from my own experiences, I have encountered communication challenges with my boyfriend from time to time and it’s mostly due to misunderstanding when TEXTING! I have also realised that  the optimum way to communicate is by phone calls or video calls. A person reads text messages in his/her own way so sometimes the natural voice in which you sent the text could be misunderstood which may lead to miscommunication or dispute. If you are to enter a fuss about a text message which was interpreted incorrectly just stay calm and try to work it out over a voicecall instead and explain the true nature of what was meant in the text.



Finding the time to communicate?- As for me I always have the time to communicate with my boyfriend. Even when I was at my previous job where no phone was allowed I couldn’t help but to sneak my phone in just so we could talk (sshhh… don't tell anyone). I had no choice! Especially when we could be 6/7 hours on time difference and he could also be asleep or busy studying/working during my ONE hour break for lunch.. hell naw! It all comes down to priority and he is sure as hell my priority! Luckily, he is the type of guy that I don’t need to question what and who he prioritizes because it’s all so obvious in the way he handles his time i.e, I am always a part of his time. Now that he currenty studies, apart from when he has exams coming up or assignments, we could talk for hours and most often by voice calls 

Voice calls? What about video calls?- Video calls also, yes… certainly! Video calls is really effective especially when we haven’t seen each other for a while or we’re missing each other like crazy. When we video call it gives us a feeling as if we are physically together in the same room. Personally, it relieves me from distance depression and helps me to sleep well at night. All and all it depends on the time, place and mood for either one. 

What happens when we don't know what to talk about?- This is what happens... we become silent or talk about the weirdest of things that make no sense whatsoever and have a good laugh! Haha... it's awkward I know! I'll explain a bit more about what I mean about being silent. When we don't know what topic to hit next we just live in the moment of listening or seeing what either of us is doing on the other end until another topic eventually spurs up. In a sense, it somewhat makes us feel as if we are in the same room together just by seeing/hearing the environment on the other side.

My Conclusion

Long Distance Relationships on a whole is never and will never be easy as it seems or as portrayed on the media. It comes with tears, sadness, happiness and most of all love in a diiferent way. In order to keep relationships like these alive communication is a must! If you are one that has problems communicating, my best advice to you is try to make a schedule if it is the fact that both of you have busy lives, whether with school or work. Also try to understand each other's differences. Not every couple will be lucky to talk 24 hours a day, every day of the week. Be patient and understanding that even while on a distance you both have to learn how to bloom as own individuals until that day comes when you both will be together permanently. The journey might be hard but it doesn't have to be forever. 

If you have questions always feel free to shoot me a message. 

Until next time friends! 

Sign Up for a FREE Printable on 20 Days of Strengthening Your Romance

* indicates required

3 comments:

  1. URGENT AND POWERFUL LOVE SPELL CASTER AND LOTTERY WINNING DR GBOJIE am from canada, would want to tell you all that i was able to put an end to my divorce issue and restore my marriage again, because i never wanted it to happen. i don’t know what came over my husband that he was filling for divorce, i etried to talk him out of it when he told me and he didn’t listen to me, i had no other option than to seek for the help of a spell caster and now am glad i did. Because if not for the help of spell, i don’t know what would have become of me by now because i loved my husband so much that i couldn’t stand loosing him. The spell worked like magic with the way and manner my husband change and started showing love instead of the divorce he was planning. i just too happy that everything is in place for me now. I would gladly recommend the use of spell to any one going through marriage problems and want to put an end to it. [gbojiespiritualtemple@gmail.com , gbojiespiritualtemple@yahoo.com was were i got the help to restore my marriage]website : http://gbojiespiritualtemple.website2.me/

    ReplyDelete
  2. IN this life we all deserver to be happy in our marriage. marriage is for better time and worst time, marriage is for both parents to grow strong and raised the children's together. this something all marriages needs. am thankful for the help DR WALE render to me and my husband our marriage was at the point of collapse my husband wasn't contributing in things we do in the house anymore he always bring up all kind of excuses, he doesn't even care about our children's anymore. as i started notices his funny behavior i was fast to tell a friend whom introduce me to DR WALE i then told DR WALE about my problems am facing in my marriage. Is right from there DR WALE told me all that is needed to be done i did everything he asked me to do i also paid for the items he asked me to for. as i write this testimony now my happiness has been restore and me and my husband are now happy together. Incase you're in of DR WALE help contact him on WhatsApp/Viber : +2347054019402 or Email : drwalespellhome@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello everyone here
      i want to say a big thank you to DR NOBLE for helping me get back my ex husband after 6 months of breakup. It was like a dream come true when my husband came back asking for a second chance after leaving me and the kids for 6 months without communication. Thank you Dr NOBLE I will forever be grateful. You can contact Dr NOBLE for any spell including spells to heal any sickness and diseases via NOBLESPELLHOME @ Gmail. com Or WhatsApp him +2 3 4 8 1 2 9 9 5 0 2 6 2

      Delete