Thursday 15 February 2018

# Communication # Couples

Long Distance Relationship And 7 Ways How I Handle It

As for who knows me personally, you are probably aware of the fact that I am in a long distance relationship. So instead of speaking on general terms on this topic, I will speak on a personal term instead.

Before Alex and I relationship sky rocketed to great things, I never forget the day when we met and we exchanged our contacts. I said to him "Don't become a stranger" and he promised he would stay in touch.

I felt straight away like "pssh yeah right, as soon as you get on that plane you won't even remember I exist" while there was still a part of me that hoped he was telling in the truth.

In a nutshell, he kept his promised.

Believe it or not, from the day Alex went home and messaged me we spoke literally every day! If any day had passed it wouldn't have been more than one day for five times. I start on this note because I will be listing seven main ways (though there are more) on how we maintain such strong relationship while being 8,585 km apart with communication being number one.


1. COMMUNICATION

You probably have gotten the idea from my introduction. For Alex and I, communication is very very important. We breathe communication and we live communication (hope you got the hang of that). But this is not only valuable when we are apart. Communication play a daily role in our lives even when we are under the same roof. When we have a fuss and I don't feel like speaking, Alex never cease to remind me of when I first told him what I value most in a relationship, communication being one of them. This resolve issues, make our plans go smoother and help us to understand and know each other better.

2. HONESTY


Even in the time of being just pals, Alex and I have always been honest with each other about our feelings. There was a part in time when we didn't see a relationship happening in the near future but Alex would always tell me how much he values me as a friend. Of course it was the same for me. I cared about him and I always felt okay to be open and honest with him. Honesty came more into play when we became an actual couple. A relationship needs honesty in order to survive not to mention when you are miles apart.

3. TRUST


As like the first two mentioned above with all being of importance, a relationship needs trust. Imagine a relationship as a plant and trust as water. Without water the plant will not grow, neither will a relationship without trust itself. Because of our honesty from the start as friends, there was no need for us not to trust each other. When we became a couple, we gave each other even more reasons to build trust. For example, meeting all the persons we've ever spoke about that is in our circle, not going to the bathroom or outside and speaking quietly when receiving a call etc. People build trust in different ways but for Alex and I, the trust was already being built when we have been open to each other from the start.

4. SCHEDULING

This falls very important for us. We always plan the times or the next time when we will  see each other. My heart always feel like it's falling in a pit when we have to say goodbye at the airport. Neither of us like to being apart from each other for too long. We always plan and schedule the date(s) that we'll be seeing each other so we both don't have to be home longing too see each other in hopes. If you are in a long distance relationship like me I recommend doing this with your partner also.

5. BEING EACH OTHERS KEEPER


I always make sure I am readily available to him whether the situation is good or bad, especially while on a distance. This is the reassurance medicine for us. It helps us to never lose hope that we will always be there for each other even when it is over the phone. It builds solidity between us.

6. PHONE CALLS/VIDEO CALLS

A long distance relationship can't rely on sole text messaging. Let me tell you, even in the time of being just friends, Alex and I would talk on the phone for HOURS! Yes, hours. My mom would always say "where do you two find things to talk about that much." And now that we are dating it's basically like a whole day instead. I know I am not the only one who is on a long distance relationship that can relate to this. (If you can relate leave a comment of how many hours you talk to your partner on the phone, you can keep your identity unknown)

7. BEST FRIENDS

Not only are we lovers or partners in crime (Bonnie & Clyde) but Alex is also my best friend! He means so much to me and I can talk to him just as if I would talk to my girlfriends. And it is the same from his side. I can tell him about my bad hair days or how annoying my periods can be and he can talk to me about his bicycle or other male things. There are days when it's almost like we've forgotten that we are dating because of the best friend bond that we share. And I believe some of the best relationships start off as being best friends with my very own being an example.


A Conclusion For You

I hope you can relate to how I handle my long distance relationship and if your long distance relationship is going well, I wish that it will continue to be like that until destiny have you both together. If you're in long distance relationship and it has its complications, don't give up just yet. Every relationship has it own complications and it can be even more when you are miles apart. Always remember issues will not be solved without communicating with each other. 


See you on my next post! 💗
loading...

Sign Up for a FREE Printable on 20 Days of Strengthening Your Romance

* indicates required

6 comments:

  1. I agree with all that is said here. I do the same thing in my long distance relationship and you’ve hit all the pointers in regarding the aspects of long distance relationships.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading and it's cool to know we are on the same page :)

      Delete
    2. Vielen Dank für die Freigabe. Ich benutze Dr. Obodo Spell seit 2 Jahren und kann mit Zuversicht sagen, dass es der beste Zauberwirker ist. Sein Zauber ist einfach perfekt! . Ich kann es allen Eltern nur empfehlen. Hier ist seine Info Templeofanswer @ Hotmail. co. Vereinigtes Königreich
      WhatsApp + 234 8155 42548-1

      Delete
  2. Thanks for those tips, it has happened to me one time and I think we have never stopped loving each other

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, my name is Bella.I trusted Dr Obodo completely, from the minute I spoke with he I knew he would help me, my husband had gone, no real explanation just left me, he started the work, gave me so much confidence and hope that as i said the trust was there, it was slow progress as he said at the beginning, but he is back - not all hearts and flowers but back and things are better, I am going to ask Dr Obodo my lovely spell Spell caster to do another spell so we can move house as this has been an issue with my husband as we live near my family, so that is the next job for the spell caster, I love you Dr Obodo, thank you for being in my life. Incase you need Dr.obodo help , call +(234) 8155-425481 or E-mail___ templeofanswer@hotmail . co . uk

    ReplyDelete